Website Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF)
Title: Skill trainers
Location: Maiduguri Borno state
Application deadline 6
th December 2021
Number of positions 1 Trainer per skill
Advert Status Internal/External
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a National Non-government organization with over 18 years’ existence and actively intervening in the humanitarian response in the North East and other parts of the country since 2014. JDF works in 5 thematic areas of Gender and Humanitarian response, HIV and Health, Child Development, Research and Information, Single parents, and covers five states of Yobe, Borno, Gombe, Nasarawa and Benue.
Jireh Doo Foundations humanitarian intervention in the North East of Nigeria spans largely acrossthree states: Yobe, Borno and Gombe states and has been working actively in the sectors of water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), food security and livelihood, nutrition, protection and Gender Based Violence (GBV).
Jireh Doo Foundation is seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent working on Nutritional issues. As part of efforts to ensure to strengthen the capacity of people in need to be more self-re-liant rather than wait for hand outs or support from humanitarian agencies, JDF has established a skill academy to facilitate the training and empowerment of target beneficiaries.
Objectives of skill academy
• To enable the participants/trainees, acquire necessary skills for self-employment and growth
• To enable the single parents, the most vulnerable and other people in the host community to be eligible for employment where they will earn a living and become independent.
• Prepare the participants especially OVC and other groups of people for future challenges of selfemployment
• Help the youths, single mother and other vulnerable people acquire vocational skills which will make them self-reliant entrepreneur.
• Taking people off the streets, especially those displace due to crisis of different kinds and turning them into skilled tradesmen and women
• To also equip some staff who will be willing to learn with their desired skills
Area’s where trainers are needed
• Soap Making
• Dye and tie
• Cap making
• Information communication and technology
• Bag Making
• Shoe making
• Hair weaving
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Excellent facilitation skills
2. Ability to handle practical and theoretical training of students
3. Understands and speaks local language Fluently (Hausa, Kanuri and English)
4. Ability to use and instruct others to use relevant equipment under categories been applied for
5. Ability to coordinate and manage people
6. Ability to read and write
7. Acceptable basic IT Skills
8. Sensitive to cultural differences
9. Persons with ability to teach multiple skills will be prioritize
How to apply
Applications should be in English and include the following:
1. Interested candidate are to write an application letter clearly stating their qualification and experience
2. State the position for which you are applying as subject of your application
3. A detailed CV or a one pager of your experience in the related field should be submitted along with the application.
Application can be submitted in the office premises or via firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 6th December 2021 clearly indicating position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until this position is filled.
Candidates applying for this job role/position must note that JDF is committed to the safeguarding of her beneficiaries, staff and associates and has zero tolerance for any form of abuse or breach of confidentiality.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com