Website Jireh Doo Foundation
Voice of the Voiceless
Title: Nutrition Programme Assistant
Location: Borno (Dikwa, Mafa and Rann)
Duration: 10 Months
Application deadline 17th March 2023
Number of positions 14
Advert Status Internal/External
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a National Non-government organization with over 19 years of existence and actively intervening in the humanitarian response in the Northeast and other parts of the country since 2013. JDF works in the following thematic areas.
1. Improved response to the humanitarian needs of vulnerable people.
2. Improved gender equality and livelihood support for persons at the community level of young persons, men, and women.
3. Promotion of prevention and treatment of HIV and other health disease burdens (Malaria, TB, and Diarrhea).
4. Promotion of protection programs for children and youth in Communities that encourages child development and Adolescent empowerment.
5. Promoting good governance and policies
6. Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability learning, and sharing of information on protection, and livelihood support accessible through
knowledge and information management.
Jireh Doo Foundation is therefore seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years working in a similar role as a nutrition assistant and is familiar with the implementation of WFP projects, especially in Deep field locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. This role of the Nutrition Field Assistant is to provide support to the community nutrition workers in the Project’s Communities in
implementing the nutrition interventions (Community Management of Malnutrition [CMAM] and Infant and Young Child Feeding [IYCF]) while integrating with other sectoral interventions.
2. The nutrition Assistant will also work with other agencies providing nutrition services in ensuring the linkage of nutrition beneficiaries.
3. Throughout the intervention the Nutrition Assistant will work towards ensuring the quality delivery of nutrition interventions in the Project locations.
4. Ensure quality of nutrition screening for children under-5 conducted by Community Nutrition Mobilizers in target Communities.
5. Provision of Outreach OTP Services in target communities together with the outreach team.
6. Ensure quality of IYCF counselling sessions provided individual level and group sessions.
7. With support from the Assistant Nutrition Officer, ensure quality cooking food demonstration sessions are conducted in Project supported Communities.
8. Ensure that community nutrition interventions (MUAC screening and Referral, IYCF (MSGs, FSGs, food demonstrations) and hygiene promotion are integrated.
9. Build capacity of CNMs, Lead Mother and Fathers by providing on-the-job training on CMAM and IYCF.
10. Support Project level nutrition assessment/surveys as approved by Donor.
11. Support quality data collection of activities conducted in the Communities.
12. Promote increasing awareness of appropriate nutrition behaviour in project communities by ensuring behaviour change materials are visible in communities and health facilities.
13. Ensure quality and timely reporting on all areas of implementation
14. Liaise closely with the MEAL team so as to understand the project outcomes.
15. Support the development of case studies and success stories from programme implementation.
16. Any other additional responsibility as communicated by the supervisor.
Qualification and experience
1. Degree in Nutrition, Health, Public Health, or any related fields.
2. Must have finished NYSC.
3. Experience in Nutrition and community-based programming will be an added advantage
4. Familiarity with the Humanitarian context.
5. Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive, and empathize with all beneficiaries and their caregivers
6. Good communication skills (verbal and written).
7. Fluency in written and spoken English.
8. Understands Hausa and Kanuri
9. Acceptable IT Skills
10. Interpersonal skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Addition nutrition training in CMAM/IMAM/IPC and CH and is an added advantage.
2. Strong communication skills, oral, written and presentation.
3. Previous work experience in northeast of Nigeria
4. Previous experience working in insecure contexts.
5. Very flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
6. Strong background in humanitarian projects.
7. Validated strength in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, E- mail, out look
8. Should be an outstanding teammate and culturally sensitive.
How to apply
Applications should be in English and include the following:
1. An application letter in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria.
2. Concise and accurate CV. The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
3. Kindly state the position for which you are applying as the subject of your application. And send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank applicants for their interest in the position; however, only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Candidates applying for the above position must note that Reference checks will be done especially on Safeguarding, PSEA, and Job qualification/suitability. This Job role is also subject to the availability of Donor funding
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com