Website Jireh Doo Foundation
Voice of the Voiceless
Title: MEAL Assistant
Location: Borno (Dikwa, Mafa, Rann)
Duration: 10 Months
Application deadline 17th March 2023
Number of positions 3
Advert Status Internal/External
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a National Non-government organization with over 19 years of existence and actively intervening in the humanitarian response in the Northeast and other parts of the country since 2013. JDF works in the following thematic areas.
1. Improved response to the humanitarian needs of vulnerable people.
2. Improved gender equality and livelihood support for persons at the community level of young persons, men, and women.
3. Promotion of prevention and treatment of HIV and other health disease burdens (Malaria, TB, and Diarrhea).
4. Promotion of protection programs for children and youth in Communities that encourages child development and Adolescent empowerment.
5. Promoting good governance and policies
6. Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability learning and sharing of information on protection, livelihood support accessible through
knowledge and information management.
Jireh Doo Foundation is therefore seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years of working
in a similar role as a MEAL assistant and is familiar with the implementation of WFP projects, especially in Deep field locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in implementing Monitoring activities in the field to ensure timely and quality implementation of JDF’s activities and for monitoring activity progress according to project indicators.
2. Support in the completion of data collection tools, assessments and needs identification.
3. Responsible for organizing assessments of specific cases of refugee and host families to support the transparent and coherent selection of beneficiaries.
4. Support the Senior MEAL Officer in the setting of selection criteria and vulnerability scoring.
5. Perform spot checks and report on project implementation and prepare a briefing for MEAL & program unit.
6. Responsible for regular contact with field staff to monitor the collection of data and ensure accuracy and timeliness.
7. Provide training and support for enumerators and field volunteers.
8. Organize and coordinate all complaints in line with donor requirements and JDF standards.
9. Provide support to field units and partner staff and follow up with them with regard to operating hotlines and tracking complaints/requests.
10. Contribute to weekly/monthly progress reports under the supervision of the Senior MEAL Officer and assist the MEAL department with other program reports as needed.
11. Data entry on Activity Info and other data reporting platforms.
12. Data collection, cleaning, storage, and reporting.
13. Other tasks and responsibilities as might be assigned.
Qualification and experience
1. Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant skill from a recognized university or similar institution.
2. Basic understanding on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
3. Background on database management.
4. Excellent knowledge of and practical experience with MS Office, especially with Excel. Experience in
5. coaching or training on data entry or data collection in particular is an advantage.
6. Knowledge of simple Excel functions, including formulas and creating graphs from data sets.
7. Experience in working with quantitative and qualitative data.
8. At least one year of relevant experience in similar position (case management, social worker, outreach worker etc.), preferably in monitoring and evaluation roles (M&E), including experience in working with quantitative and qualitative data.
9. Good understanding of humanitarian principles and humanitarian processes, in particular humanitarian standards for assessments, monitoring, and accountability.
10. Familiarity with the Nigerian humanitarian context.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
2. Advanced computer skills, including the ability to type quickly and to use Microsoft Office products, email, and internet.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
4. Sensitive to cultural differences and an understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
5. Fluency in English (written & spoken).
6. Ability to operate a scanner/printer machine.
7. Wiliness to travel within Nigeria.
8. Knowledge of health programs.
9. Team player.
10. Ability to work under pressure.
11. Demonstrate fairness and impartiality.
12. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
13. Strong commitment to gender equality and social justice, including to the aims and objectives of JDF.
14. Ability to work under pressure, and commitment to meet deadlines.
15. Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn and take on new tasks
How to apply
Applications should be in English and include the following:
1. An application letter in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria.
2. Concise and accurate CV. The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
3. Kindly state the position for which you are applying as the subject of your application. And send your application to email@example.com. We thank applicants for their interest in the position; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Candidates applying for the above position must note that Reference checks will be done especially on Safeguarding, PSEA, and Job qualification/suitability. This Job role is also subject to the availability of Donor funding
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org