Website Jireh Doo Foundation
Voice of the Voiceless
Title: Finance Officer
Department: Finance / Admin
Location: North East, Nigeria
Application deadline February 26, 2023
Number of positions 1
Advert Status Internal/External
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a National Non-government organization with over 19 years of experience and actively intervening in the humanitarian response in the North East and other parts of the country since 2003. JDF works in the following thematic areas:
• Improved response to the humanitarian needs of vulnerable persons.
• Improved gender equality and livelihood support for persons at the community level young persons, men, and women
• Promotion of prevention and treatment for HIV and other health disease burdens (Malaria, TB, and Diarrhea)
• Promotion of protection programs for children and youth in Communities that encourages child development and Adolescent empowerment
• Promoting good governance and policies
• Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability learning, and sharing of information on protection, and livelihood support accessible through knowledge and information management
Jireh Doo Foundation is seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree/HND in Accounting/Business Administration and at least two years of experience working in a finance role to support implementing its activities in its Head office in Makurdi, Benue state.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage a transparent and accurate financial account system in line with local laws and regulations.
2. Ensure that proper financial procedures and systems are operated and maintained throughout the organization.
3. Responsible for archiving financial data and documents.
4. Prepare and process payment requests to staff and vendors.
5. Review all financial documents, Retirement, etc
6. Monitoring ongoing levels of expenditure on the individual project against budget lines, and providing timely advice on likely favorable or adverse variance.
7. Set up, establish, and monitor internal controls for all JDF finance and admin activities.
8. Ensure all Staff understands the processes for financial activity with JDF.
9. Ensure correct postings on Quick books by using the proper cost assignments.
10. Ensure proper documentation and settlement of all advances and retirements.
11. Provide administrative support in logistics and procurement.
12. Prepare monthly accounting reports and documentation for Donors and JDF management.
13. Prepare donor financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements.
14. Ensure compliance with local regulations in respect of financial and other matters (Pension Taxation and labor laws)
15. Prepare and update the weekly and or monthly cash requests
16. Reconcile all bank accounts, petty cash and cash floats.
17. Prepare bank reconciliation monthly for the assigned banks.
18. Ensure prompt and correct payment to consultants, vendors and project staffs.
19. Prepare budget/actual variance report.
20. Clearing and settling of staff advances.
21. Prepare ageing analysis report and update the asset register
22. Support the project coordinator in planning and budgeting for all financial aspects of the programme.
23. Support project implementation and monitoring by the project team in all project locations and sectors
24. Upload all financial transactions on JDF accounting system on a daily basis (Quick Books)
25. Flexible in supporting the organization in any other task/duty that is necessary to the programme.
Qualification and Experience
• A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management and Finance,
• Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in financial management in an NGO environment.
• Demonstrated experience with coordinating, analysing and reporting financial
performance, financial forecasting, and budget variance analysis.
• Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential
• Demonstrated experience with coordinating, analysing, and reporting financial performance, financial forecasting, and budget variance analysis
• Demonstrated experience managing operations, including managing people and performance
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills;
• A thorough understanding of donor(s) financial guidelines and rules, international accounting standards and Nigerian tax and fiscal policies.
• Hands-on experience using the Quick books accounting software with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Requires a high level of creativity and innovation and the ability to maintain operational efficiency in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to prioritize work
• Problem solving attitude
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
Applications should be in English and include the following:
1. A motivation letter in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
2. Concise and accurate CV. The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
3. Kindly state the position for which you are applying as subject of your application.
Please send your Cover letter and CV by email to email@example.com clearly indicating the position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position, however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Reference checks and compliance with Child safeguarding and PSEA will be conducted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org