Website Jireh Doo Foundation
Voice of the Voiceless
Title: Finance/Admin Volunteer
Department: Finance / Admin
Location: North East, Nigeria
Application deadline February 26, 2023
Number of positions 1
Advert Status Internal/Externa
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a National Non-government organization with over 19 years of experience and actively intervening in the humanitarian response in the North East and other parts of the country since 2003. JDF works in the following thematic areas:
• Improved response to the humanitarian needs of vulnerable persons.
• Improved gender equality and livelihood support for persons at the community level young persons, men, and women
• Promotion of prevention and treatment for HIV and other health disease burdens (Malaria, TB, and Diarrhea)
• Promotion of protection programs for children and youth in Communities that encourages child development and Adolescent empowerment
• Promoting good governance and policies
• Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability learning, and sharing of information on protection, and livelihood support accessible through knowledge and information management
Jireh Doo Foundation is seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree/HND in Accounting/Business Administration and at least two years of experience working in a finance role to support implementing its activities in its Head office in Makurdi, Benue state.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure that all petty cash financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with standard financial procedures.
2. Maintain cashbooks and accounts records.
3. Make payments, including preparing payment vouchers.
4. Receive cash, including preparing receipt vouchers.
5. Prepare the month-end cashbook.
6. Monitor cash flow and request top-ups from the Finance Manager.
7. Ensure that all financial records are properly kept.
8. Prepare an analysis of the cashbooks and the management report.
9. Monitor actual expenditures versus budgets.
10. Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements.
1. Maintain all administration files.
2. Receive, distribute, circulate and file all documents.
3. Ensure that all communications are properly referenced and recorded.
4. Make arrangements for meetings and workshops.
5. Maintain and manage a suitable stock of office stationery.
6. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the management of the organization.
Qualification and Experience
• A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management and Finance,
• Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in financial management.
• Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Advanced computer skills, including the ability to utilize QuickBooks accounting software,
Microsoft Excel or any other accounting package, type quickly and to use Microsoft Office
products, email, and internet.
• Ability to operate a scanner/printer machine/photocopying machine.
• Fluency in English (written & spoken).
• Ability to travel within Nigeria.
• Problem solving attitude
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
Applications should be in English and include the following:
1. A motivation letter in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
2. Concise and accurate CV. The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
3. Kindly state the position for which you are applying as subject of your application.
Please send your Cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position name in the subject line. We thank applicants for their interest in the position, however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Reference checks and compliance with Child safeguarding and PSEA will be conducted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com