Website Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF)
Voice of the Voiceless
Title: WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT
Location: Borno (Dikwa, Mafa)
Duration: 10 Months
Application deadline: 17th March 2023
Number of positions: 4
Advert Status: Internal/External
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a National Non-government organization with over 19 years’ existence and actively intervening in the humanitarian response in the Northeast and other parts of the country since 2013. JDF works in the following thematic areas.
1. Improved response to the humanitarian needs of vulnerable people.
2. Improved gender equality and livelihood support for persons at the community level of young
persons, men, and women.
3. Promotion of prevention and treatment in HIV and other health disease burden (Malaria, TB and Diarrhea).
4. Promotion of protection programs for children and youth in Communities that encourages child development and Adolescent empowerment.
5. Promoting good governance and policies
6. Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability learning and sharing of information on protection, livelihood support accessible through knowledge and information management.
Jireh Doo Foundation is therefore seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years working in similar role as a warehouse assistant and is familiar with the implementation of WFP projects especially in Deep field locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Organize and maintain inventory and storage area.
2. Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy.
3. Maintain items record, document necessary information, and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
4. Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices.
5. Manage inbound and outbound logistics of items/products meant for beneficiaries
Qualification and experience
1. Candidates should possess an OND / HND / B.Sc. in Business, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management.
2. At least 1 year of practical experience in the logistics, warehouse or inventory field, store keeping.
3. Proven warehouse, inventory management, storekeeping, or logistics experience.
4. Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques.
5. Knowledge of MS Office.
6. Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data.
7. Hands-on commitment to getting the job done.
8. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations.
10. Strong organizational and time management skills.
11. A functional Smart Phone.
1. Communication Skills: you will need to speak with co-workers and customers on a regular basis.
2. Critical-Thinking Skills
3. Organizational Skills to deal efficiently with multiple orders, people, and many moving pieces.
4. Problem-Solving Skills to be able to handle problems as soon as they arise.
5. Have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
6. Comprehensive warehouse/logistics/storekeeping experience and knowledge.
7. Trustworthy and proven track record of transparency
How to apply
Applications should be in English and include the following:
1. An application letter in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria.
2. Concise and accurate CV. The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
3. Kindly state the position for which you are applying as subject of your application. And send your application to
firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank applicants for their interest in the position; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NOTE: Candidates applying for the above position must note that Reference checks will be done especially on Safeguarding, PSEA, and Job qualification/suitability. This Job role is also subject to availability of Donor funding.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com