Website Jireh Doo Foundation
Voice of the Voiceless
Title: MEAL ASSOCIATE
Duration: 10 MONTHS
Application deadline 4th March 2023
Number of positions 16
Advert Status Internal and external
Jireh Doo Foundation (JDF) is a National Non-government organization with over 19 years’ existence and actively intervening in the humanitarian response in the Northeast and other parts of the country since 2013. JDF works in the following thematic areas.
1. Improved response to the humanitarian needs of vulnerable people.
2. Improved gender equality and livelihood support for persons at the community level of young persons, men, and women.
3. Promotion of prevention and treatment in HIV and other health disease burden (Malaria, TB and Diarrhea).
4. Promotion of protection programs for children and youth in Communities that encourages child development and Adolescent empowerment.
5. Promoting good governance and policies
6. Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability learning and sharing of information on protection, livelihood support accessible through knowledge and information management.
Jireh Doo Foundation is therefore seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a MEAL Associate. Candidates with proven experience in Monitoring, evaluation, Accountability, and learning, and third-party monitoring are hereby invited to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in implementing monitoring activities in the field to ensure timely and quality implementation of JDF’s activities and for monitoring activity progress according to project indicator.
2. Support in completion of data collection tools, assessments and needs identifications.
3. Responsible for organizing assessment of specific cases of refugee and host families to support transparent and coherent selection of beneficiaries.
4. Support the MEAL officer in the setting of selection criteria and vulnerability scoring
5. Perform spot check and report on project implementation and prepare briefing for MEAL and program units.
6. Responsible for regular contact with field staff to monitor the collection of data and ensure accuracy and timeliness.
7. Provide trainings for enumerators and field volunteers.
8. Organize and coordinate all complaints in line with donor requirement and JDF’s standards.
9. Provide support to field staff and partners on channeling complaints and tracking request.
10. Contributes to weekly/monthly progress reports under the supervision of the senior MEAL officer and assist the MEAL unit with other program report as needed.
11. Data entry on activity info and other data reporting platform.
12. Data collection, cleaning, Storage, and reporting.
13. Other tasks and responsibilities as might be assigned.
Qualification and experience
1. Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant skill from a recognized university or similar institution.
2. Basic understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
3. Background on data base management
4. Knowledge of simple excel functions including formulas and creating graphs from data sets.
5. Experience in working with quantitative and qualitative data.
6. Excellent knowledge of and practical experience with MS office, especially with Excel. Experience in coaching or training on data entry or data collection is an added advantage.
7. Minimum of two-year proven working experience in similar position
8. Good understanding of humanitarian principles and humanitarian processes, in particular humanitarian standards for assessments, monitoring and accountability.
9. Familiarity with Nigeria humanitarian context.
• Female candidates are preferred.
• Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation of projects in the BAY states.
• Candidates from Yobe state with proven experience and understanding of the local languages and context.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
2. Advanced computer skills, including the ability to type quickly and to use Microsoft Office products, email, and the internet.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues or projects and use judgement to execute duties and responsibilities.
4. Sensitive to cultural differences and an understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
5. Fluency in English and Hausa (written & spoken).
6. Knowledge of health programs.
How to apply
Applications should be in English and include the following attachment:
1. An application letter in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria.
2. Concise and accurate CV. The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
3. State the position for which you are applying as the subject of your application.
Please send your application letter, CV and Academic certificates all in a zip folder by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th March 2023, clearly indicating position name in the subject line.
We thank applicants for their interest in the position, however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Candidates applying for the above position must note that Reference checks will be done especially on PSEA, Safeguarding and Job qualification/suitability.
THIS ROLE IS SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF DONOR FUNDING
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com