- Vast experience in human resource management
- Qualified medical practitioner with special interest in Pediatrics
- PLWA mobilization competence at community levels
- Highly developed HIV counseling skills
- Persuasive peer counseling skills
- Good in public speaking and public protocols
- Good meeting organizing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Knowledgeable on HIV and AIDS issues and topics
- Widely traveled in Nigeria and Africa with good communication skills
- Good proposal development skills
- Comfortable in budgeting
- Computer literate with familiarity with the Microsoft office
- Very good command of written and spoken English with fair communication competence in 2 Nigerian languages
- Very good understanding of the Nigerian HIV/AIDS terrain
- Good understanding of the donor community and the governments’ position regarding the HIV national response
- Nigerian Army Medical Corps between 1977 and 2000
- Internship at Military Hospital in Kaduna 1978 – 79
- Military Training at NDA 1980
- As Commanding Officer of 1 Brigade Field Ambulance of the Nigerian Army between 1980 and 1985 I supervised the medical care of all troops located in and around Minna, Suleija, Kontagora, Lokoja, Keffi and Bida.
- Fellowship program in Paediatrics at UCH between 1986 and 1990 during which I had the first exposure to HIV training
- General staff officer 1 in charge of training for all medical personnel of the army medical corps at the corps headquarters up till 1993
- Commandant Military Hospital, Benin-City between 1993 and 1996. This hospital catered for all forms of ailments including palliative care for HIV/AIDS. Consultants of various specialties headed the departments.
- Acted as commandant of the corps training school in 1996/7
- Network of people living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria [NEPWHAN] 2001 – 2009
- Administration and personnel management of NEPWHAN since 2000 to 2007
- Exposure to various trainings in different aspects of the HIV pandemics
- Mobilization of PLWAs at community levels resulting in formation of over 100 support groups over a one year period
- Building linkages and collaboration between numerous community based organizations located all over Nigeria
- Establishment of organizational linkages to regional and global organizations
- Training PLWAs and instituting home based care at support group level
- Good resource mobilization skills – mobilized over 500 million naira in 5 years of NEPWHAN administration
Consultancies and part-time employments
- NMOD-EPIC 2007 – 2017
- HIFASS 2012 – 2018
- DHML 2019 – date
- Professionally rewarding Paediatric practice especially within the military medical services
- Placing NEPWHAN firmly on the path of growth
- Major building of knowledge base of PLWAs in counseling, community mobilization, care for the ill, home based care, psychosocial support and man management within the NGO circles
- Establishment of a PLWA-friendly clinic
- Opening up access to quality and affordable health services to military personnel, both serving and retired through DHML
Name: Dr. Pat O Matemilola
Place and date of birth: Zaria, Nigeria; 22 December 1953
Home address: Soke’s Compound, 40, Totoro Road, Ago-Owu, Abeokuta
Permanent postal address: PO Box 10733, GPO Dugbe, Ibadan. Oyo State.
Mobile: +234 8033061278; +234 7025092992; +234 8090995335
Nationality: Nigerian Marital status: Married
Number and ages of children: Four; 30, 27, 23 and 22 years
- University of Ibadan ———————————— 1972 to 1978
- University College Hospital, Ibadan —————– 1986 to 1990
- Certificate course in computer programming ——- 1994
- Nigerian Army School of Finance and Admin —– 1997
Further Training/ Engagements
- Counseling workshop for Doctors ——————– 1999
- Concepts in Proposal development ——————- 2001
- Elected coordinator NEPWHAN ——————— 2000
- Counselor, Lagos State AIDS Control Agency —– 2001
- Appointed member, National ARV committee —– 2001
- Field supervisor, UNICEF AYFHS —————— 2001
- Appointed member national Paediatric ARV committee — 2002
- Close working relationship with government agencies, development partners, donor community and other HIV/AIDS stakeholders within the country
- Appointed into GFATM country coord Mechanism [CCM] 2002
- CiSNHAN capacity building workshop on advocacy ——– 2002
- Professionally rewarding Pediatric practice especially within the military medical services.
- Placing NEPWHAN firmly on the path of growth.
- Efficient management of Ford Foundation grant.
- Efficient management of HAF in activities spread all over Nigeria.
- Management of Global Fund grants to NEPWHAN over 2 years
- Management of ICASO supported Prevention and Treatment Advocacy Project funded by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and others.
- Major building of knowledge base of PLWAs in counseling, community mobilization, care for the ill, home based care, psychosocial support and man management within the NGO circles.
- Establishment of a PLWA-friendly clinic in Abuja.
- FHI 360 Consultant on Support Group Transition from facilities into communities.
- Consultant Shell Nigeria Company Wellness training Progam
- Community mobilization consultant to RV 230 research project of NMOD EPIC – USDOD WRP-N